Tuesday, April 7, 2009

38 weeks and counting...

Hi all...
I just got back from my weekly doctor appointment and things are pretty much the same... many of you may be wondering, but yes, I am still pregnant :) Today I met with my midwife Deb, who was much better about talking through some concerns I have and explaining things for me. She did a check and I am about 1 cm dialated and 50% effaced, which is all good. The baby has dropped to -1 position which is basically as low as they can go without going through major contractions (and explains the discomfort I have been feeling). The baby's hearbeat was strong in the mid-upper 150 range and she is measuring to be about a 7 lb. baby at this point. She is still in the head down position. My blood pressure was a bit low, but they said that was nothing to be concerned about because it is usually really low. All-in-all it was a good appointment and I am happy to have some indication of where we stand. She still could decide to come at any time now but we are ready for that. Bags are packed and the infant car seat base is installed in the car!

I am fighting off a bit of a cold and feeling very drained. Sleep has not been very easy lately and once I get comfortable I am only sleeping for about an hour or so. Yes, I realize this will prepare me for when the baby arrives and I will never sleep again... but it would be nice to go into this whole thing a bit more rested ;-)

Anywho... that is all for now. I will keep you all posted if something changes!!!