We are now 100% bottle free! Hooray! We ran out of formula and I decided it was time to be done. The Dr. pretty much said it isn't worth doing anymore at her age, and she really didn't seem to mind when they were gone. The second day she wimpered "bah bah" in the car on the way to daycare, but that was it. She does really well with juice "boosh" in her sippy cup, but still won't drink whole milk or soy milk just plain. I continue to offer it to her though, maybe one day she will change her mind. She will eat the strangest things too, but likes things on a daily basis. One day she will eat pears and then next day throw them on the floor.
She learns new words every day. Yesterday at daycare she started waving and saying "bye bye" to everyone and everything! She loves to talk and gets very frustrated when you don't understand what she is trying to communicate to you. She is also trying to "sing" as well, I am constantly singing (her poor little ears! LOL) to her and now when I sing, she tries to sing too ... mostly it's just yelling, but I think she is trying :) She learned how to do this lovely screaming/shrieking thing as well, so yesterday I was trying to teach her "shh" with the finger to the mouth. Well, she thought that was just quite funny! She would make the "shh" sound and point at me... in between screaming/shrieking! HA!
We are thankful for such a beautiful and warm summer. K has been to the beach a lot as well as playing in her baby pool in the backyard. I am thinking it will be a long winter in our house with a crazy busy toddler... so I try to get her outside as much as possible now! She loves her daycare and is doing well there. She gets good reports most every day and just loves to go go go! Since Zach is back to school (at least getting ready) she now goes three days a week to daycare. It will be an adjustment, but I am sure she will do well.
Well, it wouldn't be a post without pictures... so here are some recent ones from a trip the two of us took to the park near our house...
too cute :)
Monkey child
Pouting...
Getting so big!









