Friday, October 7, 2011

Silly Memories

There are so many funny things that Kennedy does on a daily basis that I think I will remember forever... but then a new day comes and I realize I can't remember it ALL! So this is a post more to remind me of simple, silly things going on in her life than to really update anything ;-)

- she calls me "momma" - but she also refers to grandma as "momma" on Tuesdays and other kids at daycare as well. I think it just rolls off her tongue easily so she says it A LOT! She is definitely in a momma's girl stage right now too!

- she likes ice. I think she got a bump at daycare or something and they gave her ice to put on it. Now, anytime something happens to her - she wants ice to put on it. Unfortunately, she has learned how to help herself to the freezer. I recently moved a bunch of food down to our storage freezer downstairs because I fear the day she leaves it open and I don't notice!

- she figured out how to escape from her crib several weeks ago. My dad was over helping us out in chopping down our tree that was struck by lightning and she was supposed to be in napping. I came in the house for some water and she was standing at the front door watching the guys with the chainsaw. I thought for a moment Zach had gotten her up, but then realized she had gotten herself up! She is actually very good at climbing out and has been doing it as an excuse to delay bedtime for the past week or so. I think this weekend we are going to transition her to the toddler bed so she doesn't hurt herself. My goodness! A TODDLER BED! AAAAH!!

- She is very mothering and attentive to others. I get frequent reports from daycare that if someone is hurt or crying she has to be there and pat them on the back and soothe them. She has also started to play more with dolls and it is quite funny. She totes her doll around the house in its stroller and plays pretend. I need to try and get it on video because it is very funny.

- She frequently reminds me to "Be careful!" when I am doing some ordinary task around the house. It makes me realize that I have probably said this same thing to her 1,203,343 times in the last two and a half years.

- She loves the show Dino Dan. Really really really loves it. As a result, she also really really really loves dinosaurs. Not what I thought my toddler GIRL would be into, but that is okay :) She also likes Elmo and is getting more interested in Sesame Street. Cartoons, for some reason, don't hold her attention at all.


- She CAN BE very helpful (sometimes!)... she now knows how to let Henry in and out (sometimes a good thing, sometimes not so much) and frequently gets out her bottle of cleaner (water) and a rag to help me clean the house.  She basically wants to be doing whatever it is I am doing ALL the time... so I try very hard to incorporate her "help" if I can. She is also pretty good at picking up her toys and putting things away. She doesn't do these things perfectly but it is good that she tries!


Riding Sandy at Meijer




Apparently we are still not over the whole "sitting in boxes" phase!