Anyway... I wanted to updated about some of the things going on with our BIG girl Kennedy! She just keeps growing and growing! She now wears mostly size 3T and size 7 shoes. I pulled out a pair of jeans from her drawer the other day and thought to myself "there is no way these will fit her yet!" and somehow they fit her just fine! Speaking of clothing, Kennedy has become very good at dressing herself. Most nights I put her to bed in cozy pajamas and when I check on her before I go to bed she is wearing something different!
![]() |
| Toddler fashion sense! |
We are still potty training... sigh. She does ok at daycare and sometimes at home. We have had some eventful days at home wearing big girl panties. One of my favorite moments was when I was in the kitchen and she came in to tell me (in her cute 2 year old voice) "momma! There's poop on the couch!" Very exciting! woo hoo! I walked into the living room to find that, as she had said, there was HER poop on the couch. Noting my reaction, she stood next to me and looked up with her big blue eyes and said "isss ok momma, i keen it up wis my FORK!" and then headed for the couch with her play fork to help clean it up. I stopped her and ended up cleaning the couch myself :)
| Potty time! sidenote - need to change bathroom wall color ...ick! |
A while back I removed the front of Kennedy's crib and installed the half-rail to make it into a toddler bed. Kennedy was very excited about her newfound freedom! So excited, in fact, that every night it would take hours to get her to go to bed because she would just constantly climb out and come out of her room. I tried EVERYTHING. One night, I decided to completely ignore her and "calmly place her back in bed when she got up" ... I did this 67 times (yes, I counted) in a matter of one hour. No eye contact, no response, no reaction at all. It became a big, fun game to get up out of bed, walk out and then get me to put her back to bed. I tried yelling also, that didn't work. Finally, I decided to purchase door knob covers (found them for .99 at Goodwill, yeah!) for her bedroom door thinking at least if she was contained to her room it would limit her interaction with me and force her to at least try to fall asleep. Miracle of miracles... it WORKS! I hesitate to rejoice because tonight she will probably figure out how to get the darn thing open.. but FOR NOW it works. I did also have to put one on her closet door as she would empty the entire contents of it out when she was supposed to be sleeping ;-) Before I go to bed each night I just crack the door open a bit so she can get out if she needs to in the night. Sigh...
| Happy Camper! |
Kennedy was very excited about trick or treating this year! Last year she really didn't "get it" but this year she definitely had it figured out! She was a princess this year and was able to go trick or treating with Leila, who was also a princess! After each house she would come down the driveway and exclaim "I got candies!!" I guess it must be pretty shocking to a young child that you can just walk up to someone's house and ask for candy and have them give you some! ;-)
We also carved a pumpkin this year. We have had them in the past, but never carved them because I was sure she wouldn't really care! She was excited to help daddy pull all the guts out, which was fun to watch. Daddy did the carving and I was designated to be the photographer and supervisor, so I didn't have to get my hands dirty! I also roasted the pumpkin seeds... YUM!
We are looking forward to the Holiday season.. I just can't believe it is that time of year already!


