Thursday, September 29, 2011

Apple Picking

This past weekend we went with Thara's family to Cranes Apple Orchard in Fennville. It was a great time and we have plenty of apples to eat and cook with!

Kennedy was very very very excited about going to pick apples. She recently moved up to the Nursery School room at daycare and they have been learning about apples for the past few weeks. Last week Wednesday, when she was in the bath, I was talking to her about the weekend and told her that on Sunday we would be going to pick apples. She got SO excited and climbed out of the bath (unheard of... I usually have to drag her out of the tub even after draining the water out!) and wanted to go RIGHT THEN. Thankfully, I had some apples at home and let her "pick" one out of the basket to pacify her. The next morning when I went it to wake her (read: drag her) out of bed while she was still half awake and with eyes closed she said "we go pick apples today?" so cute! Needless to say... she was happy to go pick apples on Sunday!

Here are a few photos...
Loading up on Honey Crisps!

At least Leila is looking/smiling! Kennedy is just more interested in her apple!

Hitchin' a ride!

Happy apple picker

Leila is doing all the work here... Kennedy is just holding on ;-)