Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tempus Fugit

Time flies! Tomorrow, my baby turns 2. I can hardly believe how fast these last two years have gone by!

Remember this?....

Feels like YESTERDAY!

Oh, and then this...


And now... there is this...


She's just getting SO BIG! She changes almost every day. Every day is some new discovery, word, idea, and fun thing to do (which usually involves a lot of cleanup on my part!). She is starting to be able to really recall things and remember where things go/are. She would live outside exclusively if I allowed her to. Her latest favorite thing is to be naked - or at least to remove critical portions of her closing. The other day I had to use masking tape on her diaper because she wouldn't keep it on. 

The craziest part about the "toddler" stage for me - thus far- is that in one moment I want to scream because I am just so frustrated, and in the next I want to laugh because she does something just so incredibly cute/adorable/smart/funny...etc. She is just so full of personality, so full of life and emotion! Everything she does is so serious and important to her... but at the same time she can rearrange piles of rocks for 30 minutes and get so much happiness from it! 

It is so exciting to see her grow and change and become more of a little person. While I sometimes long for the baby stage again - I love to see her developing and becoming more and more independent. 

So Happy Birthday to my sweet, funny, sassy, crazy daughter! :)