Friday, April 1, 2011

It has been a while!

I just realized I have not updated this thing in such a long time! So much has changed with Kennedy, because really every day is something new! She is a talking MACHINE... non-stop, all-the-time CHATTERBOX! :) What really gets me is that on occasion she will just use a word that I don't even know where she picked it up! I was making her dinner the other day and she looked at me and said "want peanut butter?" Too cute! She is really getting good at putting her words together and asking for things that she wants.  She also knows the name of pretty much everyone at daycare and says hi and by to them each day when I drop her off or pick her up!

Another new talent is opening doors. There are certain door knobs in our house (back door!!! garage service door!!!!) that she can open easily. She loves to go in and out and pack up bags of things like she is leaving. She also repeatedly says "bye!" and "see ya" and "later!" when she is pretend leaving.

She also loves to imitate whatever it is I am doing.  I caught her playing with her hair the other day, only to realize she was mimicking what I had been doing! She also likes to be right in where I am whenever I am cleaning, cooking or doing laundry.  Whenever I am making dinner, she is sure to be right by my feet (or on the counter) with her mixing bowls and spoons.

Kennedy "keenin" her pots and pans! 


The Lienau household experienced it's fair share of sickness this winter (except for Zach, who, for some reason, has an immune system like a tank).  I had a few nasty colds, an eye infection/cold/flu thing, and then as the grand finale the stomach flu! Kennedy picked up a nasty cold virus as well and I also spent another afternoon with her at home because of a constipation issue. Those of you who know Kennedy well  know she is NOT the child to fall asleep just anywhere - or easily. The day I was home with her for her tummy issue she was so wiped out she just rolled over on the couch and passed out instantly. I sat there for about 10 minutes thinking she would wake right back up and NOTHING. She slept there for about two hours - even through the dog barking and a delivery man at the door.
Poor, sick baby!

This March I had the opportunity to go on a girls-only getaway with my friends Thara and Ashley! We went for 5 nights to Dreams Resort in Punta Cana Dominican Republic. It was an amazing, relaxing time and so refreshing! Zach had class the weekend I was gone, so Grandma Lienau came to help out and stay with Kennedy.

The final day of our trip there was a beautiful rainbow!

Zach was planning a school exchange program in Japan this summer for two weeks - but because of all the devastation going on there right now, the trip had to be cancelled! :( He will get the opportunity to go there next year, it is just disappointing as he was really looking forward to this trip! We plan to take Kennedy to Chicago for a long weekend this summer - so that should be really fun. She is getting more to the age where she likes to go and see things, so it should be really fun!

I can't think of too much more as far as an update, I am sure I will think of a thousand things once I publish this! Oh well! :)