Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kennedy turns 2!

A little late - for several reasons a.) SO MUCH SICKNESS in our household... unbelievable these last few weeks! UGH! b.) I took over 300 photos at Kennedy's party and over that weekend while the Lienau clan was around. 300! ... thus, it has taken me a while to get to this point.


We had a party for Kennedy on April 30 - just at our house, nothing fancy this year! Zach's parents came with the cousins, my parents and Heather came as well as Thara and Russ. We thankfully had good enough weather to play and relax OUTSIDE.  I decided it would be a "bubbles and balloons" theme as Kennedy is really not "in" to anything and I am pretty sure Zach would think a pony party was a little biased ;-).  I believe the biggest hit of the party/weekend was the bubble maker (a.k.a. toddler crack dispenser). For $10 and a jug of bubbles - a TON of happiness and a constant flow of bubbles.
Kennedy and her cousin, Alexis
Kennedy and Tegan 
We had walking tacos and a delicious cake made by the one and only Thara - oooh, so yummy!





Kennedy got some great new toys that she loves! The biggest hit was a giant bubble wand from Aunt Heather! 
Opening up her new bubble wand from Aunt Heather

Bubble mower from mom & dad- sensing a theme?

Oh, cool! Thanks for this cool box to stand on!

BUBBLE WAND!

Loading up her new piggy bank (Until I saw this picture from my mom's camera - I couldn't figure out where all the change in the drawer went! LOL!)


She was actually pretty excited about opening her presents this time around - which was very fun to see :) 

So much excitement about the BUBBLES!

Oh how grand to be 2!!!
Kennedy spent the whole weekend playing with her cousins in the backyard. It was fun to see them and great to see how they all play together :) Much of my childhood was spent on adventures with my cousins - so I am happy to see how much fun they have together!

The girls piling on Zach....
 
He eventually got the upper hand again :)

This looks like trouble in about 14 years! 

Tegan!

Playing some more with the bubbles....

My big girl!


I will spare you the rest of the 300 photos - I don't think my blog would even hold that many! It was a fun party and a great weekend! We are so thankful for everyone that came and celebrated our precious girl with us :)