Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A trip to the beach!

This past week, Zach headed up to North Manitou Island with some co-workers of his for some rustic camping and fishing.  Kennedy and I were invited to head to the beach with grandma and grandpa Johnson and we agreed! I had contemplated taking her by myself, but I think it would just be a bit much for me to do alone since she is so little still.  So Saturday morning, we packed up and headed down to my parent's house and then off to the beach we went!

First, we floated in the lake:



Then, we played in the sand:






Then, we went for a little walk down the beach and saw a big, dead fish and some flying seagulls!



After our walk, we had a snack of sand-coated watermelon, YUM!


Then we played down by the edge of the water with grandma:


All-in-all, a pretty fun day! She was really tired after and zonked out in the car right away. It's tough to be a baby!

I thought I would compare some pictures from her beach trip (early last August) to this year's first trip:

Last year...
This year...


Last year...
This year...



They sure do grow up fast :)