Friday, June 25, 2010

Happenings

I just realized it has been quite a while since I have updated anything on here! Things have been busy, as usual! Kennedy has continued to change so much and I am happy to report that it appears she has started to grow hair now! WOW! :) Kennedy is almost 14 months now and she is a total busy body and is constantly in search of a new adventure.  She has a very independent streak and likes to be able to figure things out for herself.  At the same time, we are still working through a bit of an insecure phase. At certain times, she really doesn't like to be left alone and will cry if you are not in her sight! 

Kennedy has discovered all the lower drawers in the kitchen and likes to remove all their contents. See:
I could put a baby lock on the drawer, but that would keep me from experiencing all the FUN of refolding (read: stuffing) my kitchen towels back in the drawer once a day! 

She also likes to communicate with the outside world:
Sometimes her and the little neighbor boy (maybe 2-1/2 years old) like to communicate through the door. It is pretty cute for now, but I will worry about her flirting when she gets a bit older!

She has been eating quite well lately. My mom and I finally got her to like ice cream (Phew! What a relief!) which she previously didn't like because it was cold. She now only gets a bottle right when she wakes up and one right before bed. In the next month or so we will probably cut the bedtime bottle out because I don't really think she will miss it.  She does well with a juice cup now too.  

She can say and understand the concept of "hat." She says it very clearly and points out everything she considers to be a "hat" - which includes head bands, sunglasses, and the towel on my head when I am just out of the shower. She will also frequently say "daddy" and will only say "momma" if she is crying/screaming it at me! :) She will pick up the phone and just yell at it.  It is pretty amusing to watch and I am not quite sure where she picked that up? ;-) She also talks very seriously to her reflection.  Even though she doesn't know many words, she still talks like she is in a conversation, which is pretty funny to listen to! :) 

Kennedy has been spending Monday nights and Tuesdays at my parent's house, which is a nice break for both of us ;-) She has a lot of fun on the farm and I think one day I will have to drag her out of there crying and screaming.  She loves to go for quad rides with grandpa and has yet to ride the horse - she was napping recently when I finally got back in the saddle:


She also really loves to swing at my parent's house. We really don't have a good tree to put a swing in, so it is a treat to do it at their house :) She likes it best when you push her really high! 


and gets mad when you stop...


She is getting more steady on her feet, and has attempted to take a few steps on her own, but mostly prefers to crawl because she is super fast at it :) She also likes to make a lot of noise while "on the move" as seen below.


Kennedy loves to clap and claps ALL the time. When you ask her "how big are you" she often skips putting her hands up high, and goes straight to clapping! She also makes the horse noise and sticks her tongue out (thanks grandpa J!) hehe! 

Here are some other new favorite photos ...





That's all for now folks! :)