
Wow... It has been a REALLY long time since I have posted anything to this thing! I guess now I should get better at it as our lives are about to get a bit more exciting. In August, we found out that a baby Lienau is on the way! We were both shocked and surprised, so it took a bit for both of us to wrap our minds around the idea of having a baby. I am now 13 weeks along and we have a due date of April 18, 2009! That also happens to be a very special date for the family as it is my mom's birthday! My sister (who is the first grandchild on my mom's side) was born on her grandma's birthday, and my mom (who was the first grandchild on her mom's side) was born on HER grandma's birthday! I read online that only 20% of babies are born on their actual due date, but I hope this is a tradition we can continue with baby Lienau.
I am discovering that EVERYONE wants to know if we are going to find out the sex of the baby at the 20 week ultrasound. To this I say - YES!!!! I am counting down the DAYS! I know there are plenty of people out there who have the willpower to wait and be surprised, but we are not those people!!! We give each other Christmas presents as soon as they are purchased - and we are both truly impatient when it comes to these things. We have decided, however, that we are not going to share any names that we pick out until the baby is here... just to create an element of surprise for others!
I am feeling like we are having a boy and constantly call it "he." Zach and my dad as well as Zach's parents are all hoping for a boy! I am really okay with either... although if it is a boy, I am going to be outnumbered in the house! Scary thought!
I have been feeling okay. Nausea comes and goes but I have only had a few select situations where I have actually thrown up. I thought my nausea would start to taper off... but it really hasn't yet... so I am hoping it will soon! I guess I never really realized the major takeover that happens when you get pregnant! It is truly amazing the accommodations your body makes for this growing baby!
I am attaching a photo from our 12 week ultrasound. We were unable to find the baby's heartbeat at the 11 week appointment so they scheduled us for an ultrasound the following week to check that everything was okay with the baby. He/She is perfectly happy and healthy in there and moving around like a jazz dancer. His/Her hands were always up by the face and some of the times even sucking the thumb! How cute. I was truly amazed by how much you could actually see at this point and how active this little one is!
I will do my best to keep posting here and updating you all on how things are going!

