Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kennedy Update

Hi there... I cannot believe it is December 1 already AND the snow is falling. GEESH... where does the time go? From inside of my house this morning, I thought the snow looked beautiful and festive. Once I got out on the roads, I was cursing it! I guess this is life in Michigan!

Things have been busy (as always) at the Lienau household lately.  We traveled to Birch Run last week for Thanksgiving (thank you, weather, for cooperating) and had a great time visiting with family we don't get to see very often! The week before that, Kennedy had pink eye and we were quarantined to the house for a couple of days. It wasn't so bad, she was just really extremely bored because she had already been at our house for 5 days straight! I tried my best, but was glad to be able to deliver her to daycare that Friday so she could get a little energy out!

Kennedy had her 18 month check up a few weeks ago and is doing really well.  Here are her stats:

Weight: 23 lbs. 6 oz. (33rd percentile)
Height: 31-1/2" long (39th percentile) - she only grew 1/4" since her 15 month appt.!!
Head: 46-1/2" (46th percentile) (I think it is her big brains ;-))

Kennedy HATES going to the Dr. right now.  She played with me in the waiting room and once we started walking back to the check-up room she clamped down on me and just SCREAMED. The staff all joked that they put all the 18 month-olds in the farthest room to the back (true) because they all just scream like this.  I am sure Kennedy gives it her extra little dramatic flair too! Unfortunately, we went Monday for her check-up and had to go back and do it all again on Wednesday because of Pink-eye! Boy, was THAT fun! :)

Kennedy is growing up and becoming so much more "toddler." She is very much in need of your attention 100% of the time and is not afraid to express her "dislike" when you don't pick her up or do exactly what she wants you to do. I am learning to walk away from the tantrums - even though it is sometimes so hard.  She is very "helpful" and has to be up with me and doing whatever I am doing.  This makes for an interesting time doing household chores! She also will put herself in time out in the corner. If she does something "naughty" and I say "do you need a time out?" she will go to the corner and point at it while YELLING "OUT! OUT!" and then sit in the corner and smile at me. Apparently, we have a little joker on our hands!

The biggest change is how much she is talking and expressing herself. She can now put simple sentences together "si dow" (sit down) and "ahh don" (all done) and "dow no" (don't know).  She also can respond when you ask her to do things (sometimes, haha) as in "go get a book" or "go find your soothie" (She calls them ooey... hehe). She is also totally infatuated with Henry right now. She likes to give him hugs and pet him "gentle" an generally just torment him to no end. She also likes to chase after him and try to grab his tail and taunt him with her snacks and toys. I suppose it keeps Henry active!

That is all for now... sadly, I am delinquent on the pictures today! Take care!