Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fall is here

As I was laying in bed last night and loving the fact that the bedroom window was open instead of the air conditioner running, I was thinking to myself that I love fall but it is a bit like the first big hill on a roller coaster. It is always so cool when you get to the top of the first hill because of the view, but you know you have that big drop ahead of you. I am not ready for winter... the big drop! I know Kennedy will be walking better by then and therefore trudging through snow. She loves to play outside, and we will be limited this winter.  AAAh! I am going to enjoy this fall as much as possible!

One of the things I have always wanted to do is go apple picking. This year I was so kindly invited by Thara and her family to join their apple picking festivities.  We went this past Sunday and even though it wasn't really "fall" weather, it was a great time! Here are some pictures:

Yum! Honey Crisp Apple. Pretty hard to manage with that "pipey" (hehe, Thara) in her hands!



Picking her first apple. Also note she now has JUST enough hair to put in a ponytail :) Didn't last long, but oh well!



Note ponytail is now gone and she has a mohawk. ;-)



Kennedy and Leila are almost the exact same age difference as Thara and I are... we plan for them to be Best Friends. They are still a little bit reluctant to follow our plans for them... but soon they will see the wisdom of our ways!



Uff... so cute!



Crane's was BUSY! The line went fast and they were fairly organized though. Just had to put my patient pants on. 



After dinner, we went back to Thara's parents house for some delicious dinner and cornholin' fun!



Kennedy and Leila played with chalk and were consequently COVERED in it. Sometimes you have to let kids be kids!



Kennedy LOVES to play outside - I get this same report quite frequently from daycare - she had a fun time toddling around the yard and playing with her favorite toy - "Ball."  She also interrupted the game by taking a seat here :) 


Kennedy is really getting a hang of walking these days and tries to do it more and more instead of crawling. Usually after a few failed attempts to get up and walk, she just crawls.  She is now talking up a storm. Her latest words are "cookie" "please" "oops" "stuck" and "blanket."  I put her to bed the other night and was in our bedroom putting laundry away ... all I could hear coming from her room was "cookie please, cookie please, cookie please" hahah! The good thing is that she thinks everything she eats is a cookie! She is also developing more of an attachment to the blanket in her crib as well as the blanket I generally send with her to daycare. If I pick her up from her crib, she points back to her blanket and insists that it comes with us. It's not all bubbles and sunshine though... little miss has quite the attitude and is not afraid to share her opinions with everyone!!  She has also taken over one of the cupboards (ok- mostly all of them) in our kitchen to hide in.  She says "bye bye" like 35 times in a row and crawls in and pulls the door closed behind her. After 15 seconds or so, she pushes the door open and says "ta da!" haah. :)

I have some recent videos that I am trying to figure out how to load to YouTube and will post the links here if I can figure them out!

All in all, things are crazy and keeping us all busy!