I haven't taken a whole lot of pictures lately (I know, bad job) ... but just wanted to post a quick update about Kennedy! She is so full of life and energy right now, sometimes I just find myself sitting back and watching her discover and play. She is now just over 10 months and I think she does something new and fascinating every day.
She talks all the time... her favorite thing to say is "dada" and "da" she points and things and says "da?" ... it is very cute. The other day, driving home from work, I turned down the radio because I could hear her in the back seat saying "oh hi" over and over in different tones. Very cute! I am recovering from a nasty cold and every time I cough... she does a little mocking cough/throat clearing noise. It is really funny!
She is now in her big girl car seat, rear facing. I think she likes it because she can see out of the car better than before. The transition to carrying her around everywhere has not been as bad as I thought, although I am really glad winter is on the way out!
She is very serious about everything. She plays with her toys in a very determined way and often times scowls at things when she doesn't get exactly what she wants. She loves bowls and kitchen tools, shoes, drawers (which she can open and close) and her reflection in the freezer door, stove and dishwasher. She has now mastered crawling up on all fours instead of her army crawl and she is FAST! She has also really mastered pulling herself up and is really trying to figure out climbing. She now tries to climb up me when I am changing her on her changing table.
Henry is in a total panic as Kennedy can now hunt him down and chase after him. She even walked the length of the couch the other day (standing up and holding onto the edge) to get to him. Sometimes he just looks at me like "save me?" and then I have to. He likes to get crazy with his kisses and Kennedy just throws up her arms in front of her face to push him away when she gets sick of it. It is pretty cute. :)
This week, Kennedy learned how to wave hello and goodbye. Carol, who is her daycare provider, taught her how to do this :) So now you say "wave hi" and she will. You just have to watch out because she will get a little too excited and smack you in the face! :) Next, we have to teach her to blow kisses.
Kennedy is also really liking finger foods and to feed herself. I am experimenting with different finger foods and she is getting more and more into it every day. It is so strange to see her feeding herself! :) She definitely hates banana and pitches a fit every time she gets a piece of it in her mouth. She will now drink from a sippy cup a little bit. This past weekend, we visited my grandparents in Holland and she had a (very little) taste of cake and ice cream and OH BOY did she EVER like that! She cried when I was not paying attention to her or feeding it to her and of course, when it was all gone. Not very long ago we were there and she had no interest in it at all. My how things change!
Kennedy's first birthday is rapidly approaching, I can't believe how fast time is going by! We are starting to plan her first birthday party (4/25 at our house) and getting ready for that. I am putting together a book of the photos and memories from the first year and am thankful I kept this blog because otherwise a lot of details would be forgotten!
Every day is new and exciting and we love our Baby K so very much! I will be doing some more new pictures soon and will post them here :)

