Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Merry Christmas

Hello all...
Christmas is approaching so quickly, I can't believe it is just around the corner. Zach and I had a good time decorating our tree and putting some lights up around the house. We definitely don't have a lot of Christmas decorations as I never really made a big investment in it because we have always rented. I am hoping to hit some after-Christmas sales this year to pick up some things that will work in our new house.

Zach has been really busy with work this fall and is now in the process of coaching 7th grade basketball at his school. Although it is a struggle, it is good experience! He is really loving his job in Fremont and we hope that he can continue it into the future as well. This January he will be going back to Grand Valley to begin his Masters in Education degree. He is excited to get back into the classroom and begin working on his degree.

I have been busy with work and a busy baby! This is the part where we don't reflect too long on the fact that my masters is not moving forward at all! :( Right now, I just want to focus on my baby girl and since Zach has to begin his degree, I will probably just take a break for a bit.

Kennedy is growing SO FAST! She is full of spunk and really developing into her own person. She is very happy and has moved past a lot of her "colic" that we experienced for the first few months. She likes to stick out her tongue, shake her head "no" (ALOT!) and yell at people when we are shopping. She is full of giggles and rarely likes to sit still on my lap. It's always go go go! She is IN LOVE with Henry... he is curious about her, but runs away when she crawls up behind him and grabs at him! :)

She still doesn't have crawling mastered, but can "army crawl" and pull herself pretty much anywhere she wants to go. It won't be long until we are chasing her around the house! She loves to eat - but really only prefers apples, pears and sometimes squash. Grandma Johnson introduced her to puffs... so now she enjoys those in her high chair as well. :)

A few weeks ago I took home the lighting equipment from my work and set up a studio in our basement. It worked out great because I could wait until she was happy and then just head down there, throw her in the dress and get some nice pictures. It was a LOT cheaper than going to the studio as well. :) Here are some photos from the shoot:








I may be biased, but I think she is the prettiest baby around :) Thanks to Grandma Lienau for the new Christmas dress!

Henry naturally wanted to have his picture taken in the "studio" as well. Here are some of his best shots :)




How handsome is he? hehe... as always, we are thankful to have Henry in our lives. He continues to enjoy his fenced in back yard and very own couch in the basement :) SPOILED!!!

We are looking forward to a very busy holiday season with many parties and fun things to do. Zach has a two week break starting on December 18 and I am off starting on Christmas Eve day through January 4. We are looking forward to parties with family and friends and celebrating our first Christmas with our baby girl.

We hope that you have a truly wonderful Holiday season and a wonderful 2010! (eek... that sounds scary huh?)

Love always,
Liz


Here are just a few more recent pics:
I found this singing bulldog a few years ago and it is still one of my most favorite Christmas decorations :)