Anywho... so we are now home owners. Things are settling down nicely and for the most part I know where everything is and we are not living out of boxes. It is much harder to get settled now that I have a little baby that demands my attention, but I am trying to just take things one room at a time and allowing myself to get things settled slowly. I painted Kennedy's room because it was yellow and didn't match her cute bedding, but that is pretty much all the improvements we will need to do right now. A nice, young family lived in the house before us and had done a lot of updating. We have been blessed with a lot of hand-me-down lawn equipment as well as tools because we literally had nothing and that stuff all adds up SO quickly!
I am back to work now and doing very well with it. Kennedy is doing well with daycare three days a week and with my mom one day a week. I found a wonderful woman, Carol, that runs a daycare out of her home in Allendale. It was hard to drop her off the first few days... but now I feel confident that she is well taken care of. I love her so much, but realize I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom. I truly love my job and enjoy the contribution that I am able to make at the University.
Henry is adjusting to the new house, but has been a bit off lately. The house has mostly hardwood flooring and he is having a hard time with that. Kennedy is now demanding a lot more of my attention at night, so he may be getting less of my attention. He is still very good with her, but is insanely jealous of the play mat on the floor. He tries to crawl into it and is constantly putting his chew bone in the middle of it. Oh well... I just keep washing it :)
Zach has been keeping busy with his cycling and participated in the Holland 100 bike race two weeks ago as well as the Coast Guard 100 mile ride this past weekend. He has really enjoyed cycling and the race this past weekend reminded me of how far he has come! Last year he was just starting to get into it at this time and I am glad to see he has kept up with it! He has also been working a few hours a week at Loose Spokes bike shop learning some of the tricks of the trade!
And then there is the star of the show... Kennedy! Growing like a weed! I swear I pick her up each morning and she is bigger than the night before. She continues to "talk" and make all her baby noises more and more. The other day she even did some real laughing! She loves to stand up and I have started setting her in the bumbo seat because she just needs to be a part of everything that is going on. She is doing well with sleeping through the night, but occasionally surprises me at 3:30 in the morning! It is such a blessing to watch her grow and change. Everyone always tells you it goes by fast... but it truly does! I just think to next year at this time and she will be running circles around us!
Here are some recent pictures:
During the move - Apparently she needed a nap after working hard :)
Moving day... somehow Zach's old S10 made it back across the state to help us move!!
I nearly cried when I saw this... Henry taking a nap in his very own back yard! No more walks on the leash! :)
Zach's first job as a home owner... mowing the lawn!
Giggling at daddy, 4th of July
"Helping" mommy with the laundry
Grandma Lienau has been out a lot to visit Kennedy :)
That's all the photos I have for now. I will try to post again with more recent photos!

