Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Wrap - Up

Christmas and New Year's are now behind us! It went by quickly, as usual, but we did have a lot of fun. I am thankful for good weather that meant we could make it safely to all of our destinations! Christmas Eve day we spent with the Lienau family at Zach's parent's house in Birch Run.  We had a wonderful time and Kennedy loved playing with her cousins! She got all kids of gifts and barely fit all of it in the car to come home! Here are some pictures:

Nieces - Alexis and Briana. Can't believe how grown up these two are getting!
Tegan tearing into her presents!


Kennedy loved all her presents but did need a bit of help!
All the cousins in their new PJs! 


A fun new FARM :)
Sometimes sharing is hard :)


Aunt Michelle giving Tegan a hand
Grandpa Lienau and his girls!

After a very long day (with NO nap for the little one) we headed back to our house for the night (even though certain babies were tired, they decided against sleeping in the car! OH, what fun!). Anyway, back at home, one of Santa's helpers had stopped by and left a gift for Kennedy:


Some more new Christmas PJs!
This was something Zach did as a kid, so we wanted to start it with her early. Off to bed she went in her new PJs and Zach played Wii.... I did dishes :-) 

Christmas morning we got up when Kennedy did and opened her gifts with her...

Our *sparse* but pretty tree with Kennedy's gifts

Unwrapping her blocks

I love that a.) she is more interested in climbing on her gifts than opening them and b.) her sweet, sleepy face ;-)

Henry got some new treats and an old bone wrapped up!

She loved her new play balls so much, I made the mistake of letting her open them in the living room. I had fun time retrieving them from ALL over the house. These now live in the basement.

Kennedy and her mess :)


And from there we packed up and drove down to my parent's house for the Johnson family Christmas party.  It was a great time with wonderful food, family and, of course, BINGO!
Bingo presents, ready for action!

Great grandma Johnson won a few good things too - although I think she was more interested in watching baby K!

You must show your winnings to everyone for dirty bingo stealing!

I love this photo, Kennedy quickly figured things out and decided to play a card too!

Lots of love here people... lots of love!

Uncle Pete... napping...
 
Kennedy made friends with Erin during Bingo
After bingo, Kennedy sported her brand new cowgirl boots and Grandma Johnson decided to share one of her Christmas gifts with her:

 
A special bouncy horse! She LOVES it!
It has to live at grandma and grandpa's house, because it is huge!!!

After the Johnson's departed, the family and I stayed over at my parents house and did our immediate family Christmas together the next morning. I didn't take any pictures from that... I don't think we were all photo ready ;-P 

After breakfast, we headed outside to pull K behind the quad in the sled. My dad deserves a fair shot at brainwashing too :) She liked it and probably would have done it longer, if it hadn't been so cold! 

haha.. marshmallow suit :)

I showed her these photos later and she saw this and said "weeeee" - I think that sums it up ;-)

Grandpa teaching her the finer points!

Zach and I both  had off the week between Christmas and New Year's Day... so we got some time to regroup ourselves! Thara and I took Leila and Kennedy to PlayWorld and McDonalds on Tuesday, which she liked ... that is until she got trapped in a ball pit, screamed and had to be rescued! :) Wednesday and Thursday she still went to daycare so I could get SOMETHING done :) We spent New Years Eve with Thara's family playing games and eating delicious foods! And now 2011 has begun and life has resumed its normal pattern! 

We are looking forward to another great year. Zach is greatly looking forward to traveling to Japan on a school exchange program for two weeks this summer. I am planning a girl's getaway trip sometime in March with my friend Thara and her sister, Ashley... it's been in the works for so long, it is hard to believe it is right around the corner! :)

I didn't make any new year's resolutions this year... I guess I really didn't have time to step back and think about it at all! I am thankful for a great 2010 and looking forward to all the ways that 2011 will be great!