Monday, May 11, 2009

Growing Girl

I just got back from the pediatrician with Kennedy and she is finally growing! Last Thursday we were disapointed at our appointment because she was still at 7 lb. 6 oz. and had not gained any weight in the week we had been home from the hospital. Today she was at 7 lb. 12 oz.! Hooray! I am breastfeeding and that seems to be going better and better. She has taken to it really well which I am very thankful for.

Things are going well otherwise as well. I celebrated my 26th birthday this weekend as well as my first mother's day. Both days were wonderful and I am thankful to everyone for your thoughtful cards, comments and emails. I am amazed to be a mom and amazed by this beautiful little creature that has taken over our lives.

I am, of course, completely sleep deprived. :) Kennedy does alright with sleeping, but I have been watching a lot of late-night infomercials! I will be very happy when she gets into a consistent sleeping pattern so life can get back to some sort of normalcy *hahah.*

Big brother Henry is doing VERY well with the new adjustment. He is tired from staying up late nights with me and not getting adequate nap time during the day, but seems to be very accepting and protective of the baby. I am so relieved!

Other than that, Zach and I are just struggling a lot with where to go with our lives in this next year. We definitely ask for your thoughts and prayers as we make some very big decisions about where to go from here. Now that we have the babes, the pressure is definitely on to figure out a way to move forward.

Again, thank you to everyone for your cards, emails, comments, thoughts and prayers. We definitely feel your support and are so thankful to have such wonderful people in our lives.

Here's a picture of what a typical day looks like for me: