Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Update

Things have been going pretty well for us these last few weeks. Baby Girl is growing a lot and stretching my belly! I have been having some ligament pain and still having a lot of back pain. I have been seeing a chiropractor for a little over a month now and that seems like a temporary fix to the problem. I am still trying to keep as active as possible and yet give my growing body a break! :) Here is the new belly picture for this week:

Zach has been busy up in Fremont with all of his different jobs. He had a few snow days last week though, which is a good bonus for him! He will be off for two full weeks starting this coming week and will be taking a well-deserved break after a very busy semester! He has been really enjoying biking even though the weather has turned. He has a trainer set up in the house with the bike as well as going to the bike shop a few days a week to ride with some guys there. Come springtime he will be ready to GO! Here is a shot of him hard at work. Who knew the living room doubled as a gym?

For the holidays we will be pretty busy running around. We have a few parties this weekend that will hopefully kick start the festivities. Christmas Eve we will be with my immediate family at my parents house and then Christmas day with the whole Johnson crew for a full day of fun! Saturday we will be going to spend the day with Zach's immediate family and celebrate with them! Over break we hope to take a day trip to Chicago and maybe get some baby registry fun taken care of!

I have a had a pretty difficult time getting into the "spirit" this year. I am not really sure why though. I feel like Christmas really snuck up on us this year! We didn't even end up getting a tree! We won't be at our house for any of the holidays so I guess that is okay. It seems to be a tough year for everyone. With the economy being so shaky and people facing so much uncertainty, I think it is harder to get into the swing of things. It just reminds me that the holidays are not about all of the hype, but instead about family and the time that you have with them. I keep reminding myself that next year at this time, we will be celebrating our first Christmas with our daughter and we will truly have our own family for the very first time. It's amazing how life changes!

And now for a Henry update... He is doing well and still really loving winter. I have been letting him off the leash outside quite a bit because he really does enjoy running out in the snow. Sometimes it totally backfires on me when he sees someone and goes running up to introduce himself. Then I have to apologize profusely to my stunned neighbor who just had a 60 lb. Bulldog in their face! :) The other day he actually ran off on me and got down the stairs to "visit" with someone just pulling in to park and opening their car door! Poor woman just about had a heart attack. Anyway. We are so thankful every day for our little bully and the joy that he brings to our life. Not a day goes by that he doesn't do something to make us laugh or smile. Here's a recent pic of him getting comfy on the couch ;-)


It's all about the comfort!

Congratulations to cousin Becky and Kyle with the recent birth of their daughter!

That's all for now...